Tuesday, November 1, 2011

God Makes Promises

A key to relationship success is being able to count on someone who made a promise to you. Declaring a promise or taking an oath is serious business whether we formalize the oath in some ceremony or not. Real, meaningful relationships are based on such promises.

God has made such promises to his people overtime. Making promises are not so much about formalizing a relationship into some cold contract, but rather a solid, reliable way of saying, "Trust me. I come through with I that I have said I will do."

Sadly, people may waver at times in fulfilling these promises. When they do, we count on them less or not at all. But those who are faithfull are worth more than gold.

When God made promises to our world, to people, and to me, He was saying, "I want you to trust me." This reveals a great deal about what God expects of man: religion or relationship. Hebrews 11:6 says without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith is not about impressing God or impressing people. It is saying, "God I trust you."

This is the beginning and foundation for all relationships, especially with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment