Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Christ Builds the Church

On Sunday night I shared 4 points about what the Bible has to say about Church:

  1. Christ builds the church
  2. God's wisdom is being displayed through the church
  3. The church is the Temple of God
  4. God opposes what/who opposes His church (His Temple)
In personal reflection on these principles from God's word 4 applications have come to mind for me:

  1. I don't build anything that lasts, really. I work for God who is building a church that will last forever. And so I follow his directives in ways, under his authority, not my plans or my ways.  And I have little authority anyway.  I follow and serve Him.
  2. Sacrificial love and radical allegiance to God's mission displays real wisdom that comes from above.  Anything less looks more like this world and its values. I am to sacrifice for my church family and have a single-minded purpose to join in God's mission in the world.
  3. Since God resides within the people who are His church. When I love/worship Him it shows up in sacrifice for His people.
  4. I trust God to be my vindication. If forces come against His church, I am to choose of path of peace and love. God will lift up the humble in His time and set all things right.
Your thoughts are welcome.  I left the verses out of the post on purpose.  Search the scriptures. Share your applications and reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment