Friday, February 28, 2014

Running Third

As I prepare to run a marathon tomorrow, I want to announce my Run Third motivation this year. Everybody has 1 or 2 reasons for why they attempt hard things like training and running 26.2 miles.  It takes some inner drive and motivation to keep going when your body is screaming stop, quit, give up.

But what is a 3rd reason?  First I run because of the enjoyment and knowing I please the Lord when I give my very best effort. Secondly, I run for my health (mind, body, and soul).  A healthy lifestyle increases the enjoyment of living today and raises the possibility of living a long life for my family.  I want to be able to tell not just my kids but grandchildren "yes" when they ask me to play (climb trees, ride a bike, hike a trail, or play ball).

But what about a 3rd reason?  Somewhere along the route tomorrow, I will need a third reason to keep going. This year I Run Third for the slaves trapped in human trafficking.  There are women, girls, and boys trapped in a dark world of slavery due to the perversity of mankind and the evils of greed and immorality. This cannot continue in our day.  It is time to shine the light on slavery and work to end it. I will be praying and running for them.

Join the fight to end it! visit enditmovement.com



No comments:

Post a Comment