Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mark Dowdy as Minister of Music and Worship

Dear First Baptist Church Oakwood Family,

I want to take just a minute to share with you my wholehearted recommendation of Mark Dowdy to you as our next Minister of Music and Worship.  We will be voting to extend a call to Mark on Sunday May 15 following our 10:30 AM worship service. During the last 9 weeks, Mark and I have worked together and formed a great partnership in planning meaningful worship experiences for our church and community here in Oakwood.  I have gotten to know Mark and his wife Michelle, and I have observed their desire to serve the church.

I really believe that Mark will be important team member in positioning our church to make a large impact in our community for the mission of God.  Mark comes with extensive recommendations from the search team, previous church staff members, and industry colleagues in ministry and music.  I am excited about the days ahead for Mark and our church.

I invite you to come out on Saturday, May 14, to a cookout at the Little White House at 5 PM.  We will have pork barbecue, hot dogs, buns and drinks. Bring chips
or a dessert to share.  During this time you will have an opportunity to meet Mark, ask questions, and hear his plans for ministry here in Oakwood.

Your servant,

Myles Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment