Monday, February 27, 2012

Big Sunday!

Sunday was huge. I was so encouraged by many things I saw in my church family yesterday. A friend that has been really down emotionally and physically was at church Sunday and was embraced and welcomed like family. Another friend (long time friend) came back to a worship service for a second time. I was encouraged to see people stepping out of their comfort zones to do new things. The students in our church had led a world hunger awareness hunger strike for 30 hours this weekend (30 hour famine). They raised $1052 for World Vision for hunger relief. We completed our month long offering for helping a church and a pastor friend in Jamaica. The total for this offering is not yet known. It was great to see the church of Jesus making a big impact globally and locally.

To top it off, Josiah and I were able to play some baseball with some friends. Great day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! How can I forget? Two pews are now missing from the back of the church! New media booth construction project is underway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and two wonderful sermons from the best pastor anywhere around!!!

    ReplyDelete