Monday, February 20, 2012

Glory in Weakness


Over the weekend at Pleasant View I shared in my Bible talk about God’s glory being found in our weekness. We typically think about our best moments being used to bring Glory to God, but sometimes, it is in our weaknesses that we find His stregnth and experience His glory. I made the following statement:

Some of the greatest things that you ever accomplish with your life may come through:

• Your weakness, His Power is made perfect there
• Your suffering unjustly, we are unified with Jesus
• Your death

As I thought about these matters, and even while I was preaching I was drawn to the life, death, and funeral service of Whitney Houston. Her weakness(es) were on public display due to her fame. And it was her weakness and poor decisions that led to her young death. As I considered her life, perhaps the greatest glory God received from her was in her weekness and the results from her death. Her funeral service was broadcast throughout the world. People in Swaziland in Africa were watching and tweeting about the funeral. And through funeral service for Whitney, the good news of King Jesus was proclaimed to the Glory of God.
Indeed some of the greatest things we accomplish are through our weeknesses and even in death. May God be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment