Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fathers Week

What a great Fathers Week! Tuesday I took Josiah to the Atlanta Braves game. They lost to the Mets…just like when my Dad would take me to games years ago. It was an exciting game though, a 4-3 loss that came down to the wire. Josiah was into every pitch, watching the game as if he was on the field. He had his hat and glove on the entire game. I did not have the heart to tell him that even Babe Ruth could not hit a foul ball far enough to reach our seats.

I enjoyed watching him even more than the game. He tomahawk chopped, clapped, and cheered. All was right with the world for that 3 hours of summer escape.

Saturday night I took the whole family (yes the whole family including our two month old child Ezra) to the Rome Braves game (Single A minor league affiliate of the Atlanta Braves). This was a much different game experience. In the top of the first inning, Gabriela was hungry. Bottom of the first, Emily had to go to the bathroom and then she spotted the ice cream vender. Ezra was asleep until the 4th inning. He did not even care that the Rome Braves had battled back to take an 8-6 lead. At this game Josiah was more interested in the between inning entertainment from the “Zooperstars.” Between Emily dancing, me helping Monica with Ezra, and four trips to the concession stand and bathroom, I saw a few hits before gladly heading for the exit at the end of the 9th inning. The game was headed to extra innings but I wasn’t. We were heading home to get the kids in the bed before midnight. But what a fun night it was at the ole ballgame. I hear the Braves lost the game…no surprise there.

Great memories. A great fathers week.

No comments:

Post a Comment