Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Summer Series

I will be kicking off a new series of Sunday morning talks this week at Pleasant View. The titles and themes are about special summertime memories. One that I will highlight this Sunday for Father's Day is entitled: "Take Me Out the Ballgame." Going to games with my Dad when I was growing up were special memories. We would also watch the Atlanta Braves together on television at night on The Superstation (TBS). Tonight I am taking my son, Josiah, to the Braves game. I pray that the memories we make tonight at the ballgame will be as special as memories with my Dad. I hope that my Dad will be up for going to a game this year as well so that the 3 of us can enjoy a day at the ole ballgame.

This Sunday I will be sharing about the wisdom a father wants to pass down to his son about living a successful life. Check into Proverbs chapter 8 between now and Sunday to get a preview of the message.

What special memories do you have with your Dad? What makes/made him so special? Comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment