Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 4...power for change

Stay connected to Jesus. Producing fruit doesn’t happen by my effort. Good things come from my life when I stay connected to real power in Jesus. I am a branch on the the vine. Pruning is necessary for the best results in my life.

Will I allow God (The Master Gardener) to reshape my branches? When I pray for blessings and good for my life, I am inviting Him to prune me. Being a branch and not trying to be the vine requires surrendering power and control. It is also setting me free. What does God want to cut out of my life that is not beneficial to me or others? How does God cut things away that don’t require my will power? Sometimes it is a dramatic event. Sometimes the Spirit of God changes our desires and the old desire simply whither. Process or event, God does the pruning.

How do I practically stay connect to Jesus (the real power source for good)? Conversational prayer. Not memorized formal addresses. Simply talk to Father. Confess random inappropriate thoughts, wrong attitudes, and thoughtless actions. Ask forgiveness and get back in step with Father. Be responsible for the mess ups. Don’t blame others. Receive forgiveness and move forward. Listen for the rhythms of God’s leading. Listen. Follow. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment