Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 9 in the One Month to Live Challenge

Fantastic question on the first day of looking at love completely: why do we wait until someone dies to give them flowers?

Ok. Point taken. Monica and the family are getting flowers today.

What is more important than flowers and gifts is giving my attention and time to those I love.

If I had one month to live, whom would I want to spend time with? Apologize to? Assure that I love them? What is holding me back from doing this now?

Love requires the risk of pain. We will lose the ones we love. Yet the risk of love compels us to give our hearts to love them anyway. God's love is needed to love beyond the present celebrations. In order to endure the built-in hurt in relationships, we need the kind of love God has for us.

Enduring the cross, the rejection, and pain he demonstrated his great love for us.

God's love is the most powerful force in the universe. Undeserved. Available to me. Intended for me to share with others.

If I understood just how much God really loves me, I would freely give everything to him and love others completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment